Sunday, September 4, 2011

Today I can write no limerick ...

Today i can write no limerick,
as im running out of gimmick,
watching the rain,
and the empty lane,
standing weary and heartsick.

........

I love you like a river which understands 
that it must learn to flow differently 
over waterfalls and to rest in the shallows.
...

Not the love of a man for a woman, 
not the love of a father for a child, 
not the love of God for his creatures.
But a love with no name and no explanation.
Like a river that cannot explain 
why it follows a particular course, 
but simply flows onwards.

A love that asks for nothing 
and gives nothing in return; 
it is simply there. 

I will never be yours and you will never be mine; 
nevertheless, I can honestly say: I love you.

(Aleph - Paulo Coelho)

.. for what it's worth: i forgive you ..
it is harder to forgive myself

No comments:

Post a Comment